I understand all the arguments against Charter schools, and if I didn't have kids I might even be against them. Especially since I almost always support Union positions. But, when I see what my kids are getting as opposed to what they would be getting at a "normal" public school I am for them. I am not talking only because our local school is "bad".
More than anything I think it is the respect that my kids get there that make me not want them at any other kind of school. We probably could get that in a private school- but if our kids went to private school we wouldn't be home owners. Really no one cared that I got teased at my schools. I mean sure they went through the motions and got some boys in trouble every once in a while- but there was no big picture involved.
School politics are f#$%ed up. Kids are pawns in big political battles and I for one am glad that my kids aren't.
2 comments:
Well, right away, I see Ohio, and think "Uh-oh".
Gotta give it a read, though. BRB.
I understand all the arguments against Charter schools, and if I didn't have kids I might even be against them. Especially since I almost always support Union positions. But, when I see what my kids are getting as opposed to what they would be getting at a "normal" public school I am for them. I am not talking only because our local school is "bad".
More than anything I think it is the respect that my kids get there that make me not want them at any other kind of school. We probably could get that in a private school- but if our kids went to private school we wouldn't be home owners. Really no one cared that I got teased at my schools. I mean sure they went through the motions and got some boys in trouble every once in a while- but there was no big picture involved.
School politics are f#$%ed up. Kids are pawns in big political battles and I for one am glad that my kids aren't.
Post a Comment