Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Helicopter Accident

Hey all, I know a lot of you saw the coverage on the helicopter crash on Otay Mountain on January 2. To confirm, it was my unit. I was not on the helicopter but responded to the crash site and helped to direct the evacuations. As of this writing only three are still in the hospital, six have been released. The prognosis for those in the hospital is good. They are hurting but conscious, alert and improving. Thank you to all who called. We appreciate it! Keep your thoughts on those who are hurt and their families. If anyone wants to send get well cards etc. forward them to us and I'll bring them down to the unit

Matt

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So glad everyone is OK.

We are pretty sure we saw you on TV last night- they were shooting from above, but it looked like you in the middle of everyone getting the guys ready to go to the hospital.

Kristin said...

I immediately thought of you and your family when I saw it on the news (in Louisiana). Glad to hear you're alright!