Happy Thanksgiving Everyone...Here's the poem we say every year before we feast, by e.e. cummings, with our family "changes".......and we are sending it out to all of YOU...with an extra helping of LOVE!
i thankyou universe for most this amazing day
for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky
and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes
which is love.
Bless grandmas
and grandpas
and aunts
and uncles
and cousins
and brothers
and sisters
and mamas and papas
and babysitters
and circus people
and everyone we love...
may they be happy and healthy
and have love in their lives
and heartsight.
3 comments:
Damn! I am reading this after dinner - I thought the poem looked familiar and sure enough when I went through you archives I saw that you posted it last year and I wrote in the comments that I would steal it - BUT I FORGOT!
Next year please post it before Thanksgiving so I can remember. It really is so beautiful.
The bonus was I got to see some very cute photo of Silas from a year ago - one year changes so much!
I was hoping you would post this again as we are not sitting table-side to hear it first hand... Cool dancing tree photo - that's actually how I think of you, Annie. Big Love to all you guys - see you in exactly one week!!!!
Thank you so much for this post. My own feminine tree spirit (and role model in life), passed away tragically a few weeks ago--only middle-aged and still much needed & loved. Strangely, her name was also Annie... she would have absolutely loved both the photo and the Thanksgiving poem.
In exchange, here is the similar (anytime) family meal poem she shared with me. I have a feeling you will like it. :)
Blessings on the blossoms,
Blessings on the fruit,
Blessings on the leaves and trees, and
Blessings on the root.
Have a happy dinnertime.
Post a Comment