I was tagged by lauren.7 weird things about me:
1) I don't know much sign language but I do know the alphabet and I often do it while walking down the street. ABCD half time, EFGH double time and the rest incredibly fast up to P...then I start with QRST half time UVWX double time, then YZYZ. Occasionally I try to spell out "now I know my abc's, next time won't you sing with me" but its hard and I lose focus and move onto something else.
2) I gag a bit when I smell gin, the cologne Drakkar Noir and/or fresh cut celery due to a wild night in college ... I won't go into the details... but the smell memory is vivid. I do still like celery just not the smell. Hate gin and that stinky cologne forever.
3) I had a crush on Ricky Ricardo as a kid and tried to mimic his laugh...and also Pa from "Little House on the Prairie" but even then I thought the actress that played Laura over-acted terribly.
4) When I was a kid it never occured to me that I would have kids or want to be a mother. And my mother was great so its not like I didn't have a good role model. This surprises me because I love it so much and my daughter talks about being a mother all the time.
5) I really dislike many, many cool and popular things and will only admit to a few...I don't get the granite kitchen phenomenon, I hate that certain color green that Martha Stewart and everyone seems to love to paint their house including the paint designer at SD City Schools and I'm not fond of asymmetrical haircuts or "hairstyles" in general, ... and I can see right through the cool glasses everyone wears.
6) I don't really know how to be "in" nature the way other people seem to. I can't sit in it or be still in it. Everything I do outside is some form of organization...and I am not even talking about gardening but ALL my experiences in nature... from placing sticks from smallest on up, to color separating stones. Even if I am hiking I am making connections like this in my mind...building dwellings, collecting and stacking pinecones, making drawings in the wet dirt to reveal the dry, lighter colored dirt underneath. This is probably why I love the artist Andy Goldsworthy (photo of his work above). I especially love the documentary "Rivers and Tides" and the book "Passages".
7) If I could have another life...not change this one but ADD another...I would like to be a choreographer that lived on a lot of wild land somewhere where people spoke with accents. In this other life I would somehow be mellower too.
Here are the people I will now go and "tag":
cami
craig
rhea
amy
that's it... I am all out of blog buddies thanks to Lauren!
11 comments:
Great tag Annie... All this information gives me a very clear window into your mind! it's just so darn interesting to hear how other people think...makes me understand you just a little bit more ! Love the picture of Andy Goldsworthy's work..I had no idea of who he was...pretty amazing stuff! Thanks for sharing..
and actually Amy got tagged twice!
Annie...love your weird things...the one that I love especially and that just says "ANNIE!!!" to me is the one about nature....how you are organizing, organizing, even in nature. You would have made a great pioneer woman...or wild woman anywhere..if we were cave women you would have had us all us "gathering" in crews come dawn...and of course I would have been looking at you blankly and secretely plotting my own special plan!!! :) ha ha ha XXX
I know that blank stare!
Very you, very you.
just so you don't have any doubt...I love the way your organize everything...love it, love it...you are always moving, always creating..always thinkin'
goooooooooooo ANNIE!!! :)
Okay, I will be doing this... at YOUR house tomorrow!
I LOVE your list too Annie. It actually made me a laugh and get a little teary eyed - a totally appropriate response to something written by you.
Love it annie...great insight/observation of the self...u are one of my heros...by the way, when I shopped for my granite it was like looking for a piece of art for my kitchen, that is what I feel like I have. I've even named it"golden stars in the milkyway" It makes me happy to look at what nature can do.Hey did Lauren say she got teary eyed!!!! kisses to all
the above is me
okay, pictures of finley and the kids in SD please!!!
-megan :)
Post a Comment