Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas 2007...how's it going so far?...


Every year has its own flavor and this year is no exception. I have tried to keep it simple, simply because life is a bit hectic right now and it's really the only option...So these are the things that make this year's Christmas Season unique.



1)This year I only send a Christmas card when I get a card and this gives me a very free feeling. I figure if you really want a one you'll send one!

2)This year is also different because of Silas! (also known as Franken-Baby/Monkey-Boy/Lover-of-all-Things-Elephant) Having a one year old makes any kind of shopping really, REALLY tricky...so there's not much of that going on.

3) Hmmm...this year Papa will be home for the neighborhood Chistmas Caroling (and all you 10 blog readers out there are invited...this Sunday, 6:30ish)

4)This year we went for the toss technique of decorating the house with lights....not quite as lovely but colorful. This year is less of a Charlie Brown CD kind of Christmas...that was last year, tasteful and jazzy...this year is proving to be a bit cheesier...maybe the Chipmunks Winter Wonderland Jamboree??

5)This year I hope to do some baking because I never have really. My mom always used to but then Trader Joes made it so easy to never bake pumpkin bread or make peanut brittle ever again. This year I will try...for Emmett who loves it when we cook together. (Baking is really not my forte...its soup or nothing with me.)

6)This year we will not be going to Yelapa. Long story, hopefully happy ending.

7)This year's student pottery sale was a huge success, the best ever. Everyone was so happy...Finally I have embraced the sale as the start of the holiday season whereas it used to be a huge stress-out for me.

8)This year I have fabulous new speakers at the studio so its just awesome to be at work now!!

9)This year Mac and Emmett are officially way too good at guessing their presents.

10) This year I think I only got one thing that doesn't fit Matt...usually its EVERYTHING....but time will tell with that.

11)This is the year we got to see Finley in a Santa suit.

This list will continue I am sure...in the meantime...HOHOHO!!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

You and I have a problem: I am waiting to get your Christmas card before I send ours - so there.

Not really - I am a little behind on the whole Christmas card thing....

Anonymous said...

You both realize that you're going to get a Christmas card from me now..immediately, and I will wait patiently for mine!! :)

lydiafdc said...

My card is in the mail today...

we may just take you up on the caroling thing and I am totally into the student sale 08!

Amy said...

This year, I am late on Christmas Cards...and presents...(still have to take a photo for the card, might be a new years card).

I just picked up an excellent copy of the magazine "Cooks Illustrated" Baking Issue... I highly recommend it..could be used year after year... I got it at Henry's...worth the price at $8.00

Question ? How are you securing the fabric on your presents ??

daleth said...

Felices fiestas Annie. This year you amazed me!

ma otter said...

when I wrap with cloth I use really big pieces, maybe twice the size I would use if it were paper...I wrap it around so it is hidden even if someone tries to peek, then I use lots of twine, yarn or even strips of cloth and wrap that around many times in all directions...basically, I mummify the present. Somehow it looks great...then the pieces are still big enough to use again for all sorts of stuff besides wrapping if I want.
Thanks for the cook book idea! (MATT, do you see this?)
annie

ma otter said...

oh and by the way...the card thing...this was supposed to be a way NOT to send cards!! ha!!
annie

Rhea said...

I've been doing that card thing since we moved here...really liberating for me but since we are both only doing the reciprocating cards, I guess we won't be sending to each other, huh? Thanks goodness the blogs keep us current. Merry, merry!

craig or cami said...

When I hear HOHOHO I hear Silas doin' his thing. I miss his crazy, funny little self. I also miss that funny dance on his knees with the other two eggin' him on. I miss laying on your floor looking at your tree - but man there weren't those tasty looking presents under there when we were there!