Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Touch of Greatness!

Cami recommended this movie to me many times (check it out here) and we finally watched it while she was here and it is really great and inspiring. Emmett even got a chance to watch some of it and he was fascinated too. It's one of those simple movies with a simple idea that absolutely changes your thinking.

It makes me want to rethink education and imagination and childhood...and reinforces the idea that school should be about much more than stuffing facts into young minds.

Thanks Cami for another great suggestion...you always know what I will like!




And now I am absolutely convinced that our school needs a drama program!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it so does (need a drama dept)...we can try and get the Playhouse to do some kind of residency..but it takes MONEY!!
This movie will be going on my netflix queue.

daleth said...

I cannot agree more!

craig or cami said...

That was so much fun to watch with you - well, what my no-sleeping daughter would let me watch with you. I wish I could clone that guy to be a teacher for Finley one day.