
Mac and her 5th grade class are off on their "Science Camp" adventure.
She spent last night alternately worrying about being homesick and packing meticulously.
She thought up every possible scenario of what could go wrong and only then could she relax. She takes after her mama AND her papa that way. Prepare for the worst, expect the best. I got the feeling she realized that it was actually going to be ok when she waved "bye" from that enormous bus with the biggest smile. I heard she and Isabel talking..."this is the first day of the rest of our lives"...and "we start our adventure!"
Ahhhhh, the freedom!
The difference a year makes...
I didn't even get teary-eyed. As with all things, when the time is right it isn't hard, just natural!
4 comments:
Annie, thanks for making the experience come alive in your musings. I miss you guys soooooo much, see you next month
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
bebe
I so agree...with exactly what you said in the last line..I didn't get teary-eyed either..because I knew the time was right for Isabel and it seemed totally natural for her to be going on this great, fun adventure. I'm so happy Mac is there with her though :)
Well, I, ME - Cami have not processed this - allow me to do the crying. What a delicious time for Mac and it sounds like she know it. Again, I would not go back and do my life over, but I would if I could be Mac!
That's some good advice from the pro's !! When its time, its natural, and its all okay. I will be calling you when Chloe gets to that point...right now, I could not even imagine being away from her for a week. Anyhow, enough of me, I am sure the girls are having a great time !! Forgot to ask you today if you talked to Mac, and what the report was...
Post a Comment