Monday, July 14, 2008

what's been happenin'....





.....So much.





We have had the East Coast Dreyers here to make San Diego feel like vacation with their mere presence.  Finley is just an amazingly sweet and wonderful baby that I love...we all love...Silas LOVES, when he's not worried she will touch his stuff...We desperately miss "BABY FEE" already. 

I got to go out to see Craig play which I haven't done in forever and was completely impressed! I really can't believe how incredibly well he plays saxaphone...and now keyboards too.  I really liked having the band (Pete Francis and the Flyers) hang out at our house for an afternoon too...I miss hearing Matt jam with a bunch of people...Really a lot of fun around here lately.

Emmett learned to ride a bike without training wheels.  He really had no interest in his bike at all for a long time, prefering to ride his scooter everywhere. But he just decided to go for it and it took no time at all really. Again, when the time is right it's easy...

We had a few outbursts and temper tantrums (mostly the kids:).  A baby on prednisone for atopic dermitis eczema is just not a pretty picture...quite frightening really but he calmed down towards the end. He did, however, have just enough time and opportunity to pass on as many of the toddlerish behaviours he could to Finley.  She left our house saying "Give ME" and "Mine" and "No" and I am sure a few more.  She could hold her own, that's for sure, which is saying something.  Oh yeah, "I'm so mad mad mad at you...", she says that too. 

And we sung songs together a whole lot and nothing makes me happier than everyone singing.

Some memorable outings...the fabulous Childrens Museum, Nile Street park on a super fun Sunday, Coronado beach unseasonable sea-weed and all, the movies....I guess much of the good time was had as "innings, more than outings". Just hanging, walking around the block, drinking iced coffe and endlessly trying to get the babies to sleep.


Emmett went to zoo camp last week and loved it and then those lucky kids got to go with Nana on a photo caravan safari at Wild Animal Park followed by their yearly Roar and Snore sleepover.  They had more fun than ever. I guess the photo caravan is like nothing else...small groups, petting and feeding the animals with a lot of emphasis on conservation. Truly incredible.  They took 190 pictures!

One thing I did not do over the last 10 days was blog (as you may have noticed) or take many pictures. These few are the only ones I took while Cami, Craig and Finley visited.  I am banking on Cami giving me her good ones of Finley (hint).  I just seem to only be capable of  two or three creative projects going at once. (garden/pots/blog....haiku/photos/mobiles....dying all my clothes/painting mandalas/making soup obsessively etc.)  I just can't seem to handle my camera right now.
I am tapped. But this also means I am happy.
We have lots on the agenda over the next few weeks...beach, piano, singing, dates, movies, camps, sleepovers, a trip to Nebraska etc etc, visits from Mid-West Dreyers!!!!!!!
Life is busy. Our family is great. We miss you East Coast Dreyers. Lovelovelove.















(Check out Emmett with Lion!)

5 comments:

Rhea said...

Great pix! Great update! Looks like a busy, wonderful, crazy-fun summer for the whole family! Lots of love - Rhea

P.S. I set the camera down myself before MI and have enjoyed the break...actually staying IN the moment without recording it!

Anonymous said...

We missed you..but knew you were having fun with your fam..sounds incredible...welcome back...I'm a bit pathetic on my blog too...I think it's called summer :)

erica said...

love the pictures...your summer is looking very colorful...and fun too!!

craig or cami said...

I swear Finley keeps looking for Silas. And whenever she sees the pictures of Mac and Emmett she is all smiles. How does all that good time go so fricken fast? It is WAY to quiet here - miss you guys awful. LOVE that picture of Emmett - I can see his young man face.

Anonymous said...

I have been missing your wonderful postings but you did a great job filling us in. This post brought the fun into our den and I am going to look on the CC&F site for more photos. We always long to be with you guys...
hugs & kisses
bebe