Monday, August 04, 2008

the coolest house

(click to enlarge!!)
Yesterday we went to my friend and long time pottery students house in Alpine. Myra and Jim are awesome people. She is an accupuncturist and doula (creator of the rice pudding affectionately called "postpartumpuddin'") And Jim continues to be the happiest, calmest most positive person I think I have ever met...at 73 years old.
Anyway, their house reflects all this and I wish I took better pictures of the many little places to hang out...here a just a few.

Here are some of the party-goers/potters hanging under the incredible gazebo covered in wisteria with an outdoor pizza oven on the left...it feels like Italy..with a goddess-hippy twist!

I wish I had taken more pictures of all the gardens down below...some orderly vegetable raised beds and most of it was wild rambling fruit trees, corn, pumpkin patches, strawberries growing everywhere...

great play structure and hammock...

they also made a "beach" with a bed...where they sleep in the summer. Just a perfect outdoor room for the kids to play pretend...also great to get away when one needs to whip out the big bambooB for a freaking out Silas.





...and down below, tucked away...a full sized, humongous, REAL teepee. Sheesh. The kids wanna move there! (Hey cam and craig...I can see your house in the woods evolving with cool stuff like this...starting with the fire-pit!)

6 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, what an amazing Place !

erica said...

I want to move there too!

craig or cami said...

So cool!!!! I want a teepee!! Lots of great ideas - and it doesn't have to be all painted and perfect either - love that, because I always think it needs to be and it definitely doesn't. I love it when people make their home their paradise.

Lauren said...

That is paradise - especially for the kids!

I agree Craig and Cami need to move to Alpine.

Anonymous said...

hi everyone
grancops and I are seeing teepees out here in WY. too but none have looked as inviting as your friends. We re also having a great summer in our favorite places, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. We can down to Jackson for a few days and am glad t send you greetings-no tv, radio or computers in the parks. We love you with lng distance hugs, hugs, hugs xxxxxxxxx bebe

Anonymous said...

wow! That is georgous and look at those views! Are you in NB yet?