Sunday, September 21, 2008

one thing...


...Someone said recently to me that they were afraid if we had a democrat for a president and a democrat congress we might be unbalanced..."we need balance between the republicans and democrats, you know, checks and balances"...as if they are yin and yang. I strongly disagree. This past 8 years are different!! Perhaps now the more liberal democrats are yin and the more conservative democrats are yang....but the republicans are completely off the charts at this point...not simply the opposite balance to the left...

 If the opposite of broccoli is a cookie...the republicans are heroin.

;)

3 comments:

Dmitry said...

Even the most liberal democrats in Congress are still pretty yang (or is it yin?). Let's let the Obamas and Kennedys and such take over, so we can get on with complaining about them, and maybe work our way to the next level.

If the world is a balance between just two elements, I don't think the Republicans should get to be one of them!

ma otter said...

right on dmitry!!!

erica said...

Obviously we would still be grossly unbalanced with a republican president and a democratic congress. Regardless of who that republican is, or who those democrats are. To me, dare I say this, republicans and democrats are on the same side of the "balance" (the people with access to power) and then you have all of the other political affiliations and view points (the people without power) on the other struggling to have any kind of voice in our "democratic" governance system.

but i think heroin's kinda being nice isn't it...I mean heroin actually feels good...I think crack is more appropriate, it makes people pretty deceptive and greedy.