Saturday, September 06, 2008

We are all Small Town..

here's emmett being super cutie at  his first soccer game...which makes me a soccer mom...I guess there's more than one definition...

...anyone else sick of the "elitism" nonsense continually talked about or implied at the RNC?...I think maybe all those folks who vote the way they do because they are afraid the left will turn this country into one big amoral city, should ask themselves...are they really the only ones who eat potato salad and like fishing, who take their kids to soccer games and like to sit on the porch. Please tell me it doesn't really all boil down to homophobia. ...There are even slick city folk who go to church,vote democrat and wear sweatshirts with American flags on them.  Bad taste doesn't discriminate. We are all the same. We are all capable of being 'down-home' and well traveled at the same time... country and city savvy...There are no small town values, just people values.  There are differences but its not all good or bad...Maybe the left needs to recruit Garrison Keeler from Prairie Home Companion to give a litte talk about his brand of home town. And I think elitism goes both ways.  I wish the Republicans would stop with this nonsense.  It just makes the country look stupid...falling for it over and over.

I can't seem to get my jon stewart clips to work on this blog and the link works for only one day...but if its today, you may be able to see jon Stewarts take on small town values. (And if the link doesn't work, youtube search jonstewartshow smalltown and mc cain bio. It is very very worth it to watch some of the Mc Cain hypocracy flipflops also.)



No comments: