Thursday, October 02, 2008

no need to actually answer any questions....

...when you've got a big wide smile, bright eyes looking right into the camera, down home language (includin' endin' every "ing" word with in')...complimentin' us by tellin' us all that in the end Americans are winners (especially those that were feeling unsure about being losers for voting for Bush twice!)  and of course that we shouldn't trust government (gov-nah!) and, of course, pay less taxes...that we shouldn't look backward but forward into a bright energy rich future of 'maveric-dom' or 'reform-hood'...

...and that's about it.
Anyone who has read ANYTHING knows this was an amazing act of nothingness.

The big question now is ...how many Americans were fooled by Palin tonight? (After hearing Pat Buchannan say it was a Palin slam dunk...and the Fox talking heads say she was spectacular I really wonder...) I really hope that's not all it takes? Cutesie and rehearsed stabs and jabs with that shiny smile, wow what a smile...Definitely a case for style over content, if not a bit cloying!!
Full of little lies and big ones (Biden didn't agree with Mc Cain on anything since 2004) but none of the  major embarassing pauses or stumbles we've seen in interviews...but, really, what a lot of fluff.

I thought Biden was clear(!) and presidential(!!) but the Mc Cain camp keeps trying to make the case that the government should be made up of people just like you and me...
...maybe the next time I need surgery I should look for someone with a nice haircut...or if I need a lawyer I should pick the one who can barbecue... and in vice president I certainly don't need anyone engaging in any of that East Coast elite book learnin'...what I really need is a couple of regular ole folksy mavericks .  (I can't believe how much I hate that word now...my apologies to the late James Garner...he doesn't deserve this!)

If I lived in a small town I would be offended and embarassed to be lumped in with the likes of her...her main street is a myth.  And if I lived in NYC I would also feel slammed.  Or San Francisco or LA or Europe or India or Iraq. Or anywhere really.  She is the essence of a "divider" and the idea that she understands diplomacy is...laughable.

3 comments:

craig or cami said...

Yeah, not much There there for sure. Infuriating to watch her at all times. I can't believe some people are calling that "fresh".

craig or cami said...

Great Post Annie!

Anonymous said...

great post..I AGREE..loved your comment about when you need surgery..yeh..choose someone with a great haircut :0)