Thursday, December 04, 2008

what do your doodles look like?






I went through this years desk calendar looking for a phone number and decided that I have uber girly, young, spirographic doodles that remind me a whole lot of Chloe, by the way!! (For those of you who don't know her, she's Emmett's 7 year old classmate and we share a similar aesthetic.)
I would love to see your doodles...you folks out there. Everyone's got a style. My mom does checkerboards and stripes I think? (I'll have to spy on her...) And I really not sure about Matt...hmm? Interesting.

6 comments:

Caline said...

(Anne, Roxanne), Annie,
I an completely in love with your family! Not in any weird kind of way but as a long lost friend who is so happy to have caught a glimpse of such a happy ending.... You all seem to have room to be exactly who you are with love and appreciation and warmth which is just a rare and beautiful thing to see.
Funny, I was just thinking about those doodles we used to pass back and forth which I had saved until a couple of years ago.
I've never looked at a blog before yours and I don't know if I'll be able to send this comment but here it goes...

Amy said...

I love your doodles...:)

Lauren said...

I always make vines with leaves - I will show you sometime.

ma otter said...

HI CALINE,
thanks for the comment! I love it when people from my past pop up this way and thankyou for saying such nice things about the babies (10,7 and 2..not babies...) they are just the coolest people...

I have been lurking over Matt's shoulder when he "facebooks" and explored your page a bit too...I looked at some of your beautiful books that you make. So delicate, organic and heartfelt.
Anyway, its great to know you are out there being happy. Anytime you're in San Diego you definitely have a place to stay.
Until then, see you in the blogosphere?!
Annie

craig or cami said...

I don't have a phone or calendar at our desk, but I know I have things I normally doodle, must find them. I used to do a dumbbell turn it vertical and draw a beak on the top circle and and big feather tail on the bottom then long bird feet - tada! The Road Runner!

Caline said...

The same to you. You're always welcome here!
Please give me your mailing address because I'd like to send you something. I still prefer old fashioned communication though I have to admit, the convenience of a quick and instant note is beginning to infiltrate my sensibilities!