Sunday, February 22, 2009

trying to watch the Academy Awards with Silas...


...is completely insane. What were we thinking.











Really loved the show though tonight. Thankfully, Matt put Silas to sleep (to the Who) after many hours of the above...hurling himself off the couch and running all over the place. Though I saw only "Benjamin Button" I still love to watch this every year. Mac and Emmett sat through it all, which I think is a first. We all liked the tribute to musicals and Queen Latifah singing "I'll be seeing you, in all the old familiar places" completely straight and clear!
We will also remember this night as a very wiggly tooth night for Emmett
and the night before Mac goes to a week of 6th Grade Sea Camp on Fiesta
Island. And, not to forget the night before Nana gets her crown. (by the time
you read this, it will all be over!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Silas so much I cant stand it
Papa

Anonymous said...

Emmett met me in my classroom for tooth pulling before school this morning. It touches my heart that I still have a place in his life - even if it's as a tooth yanker.
-Morgan

ma otter said...

Morgan,

As a tooth yanker and MORE you
have a fixed place in the lives of these kids forever and ever, I am quite sure!

Annie

craig or cami said...

There are only a few nights a year I really miss T.V. and that's one of 'em... Great photo story - we TOTALLY get what that was like - love that little couch jumper and screecher - there was much screeching - no? What's Morgan's trick for teeth pulling or is it Morgan herself?

Anonymous said...

Morgan is a brave woman ;) and yes...quite convinced she has a place in our kids' lives FOREVER..Benjamin still has his treasure chest she gave the kids at their Kindergarten graduation and guards it WITH HIS LIFE!

The shots of Silas are hilarious.....one day you'll get to relax while watching OSCAR :)

erica said...

omg...mac is doing the Isaiah eye thing in one of those pictures!!