Monday, March 30, 2009

forest pansy redbud





The banner photo is our tree with the best name. Forest Pansy Redbud.
It's small still and not that noticable in our garden but I like to watch how it changes from day to day.
Starts as magenta buds, turns to orchid petals, then to maroon hearts and then dark purplish green leaves. Just crazy beautiful to me.
And I love this tree completely. So does Silas. We talk about it everyday. Here is the progression.
March is just the best month for this tree. I love March. In my next life I would like to be named Forest Pansy Redbud. Or Leaping Waters. Ok, not really but kinda.

3 comments:

Caline said...

Maroon hearts! Yippeee!
I think I'd like the name Magenta Redbud! Really! Kinda.
It's so incredible the way plants in particular grow and change. We make such a big deal about (the unbelievably miraculous) life cycle of the butterfly but what magic there is in the life cycle of the plant;
From seed into leaf into stem into leafy-ness into flower, maybe into fruit or veggie too and back to seed or just to sleep and then again, in spring!!!
I always have it in mind to make flip it books of things that change so quickly... Your banner shots create the desired effect though. Hope you're as happy as you seem to be!
c

craig or cami said...

That could be your stripper name. heehee. It's one of those stupid quizzes going around that darn Facebook right now. ANYWAY - I lovelovelovelovelovelovelove that banner series - I am proud to say I sussed it from the get.

Amy said...

I love it, especially the heart shape leaves that grace your blog banner. I have to get over and see it in person!