Which MMJ are you listening to? Their new one (Evil Urges) has some rather annoying elements, but I really love the previous one (Z). They have definitely gotten less mellow over time.
dmitry, I am with you on this. I only download the mellower ones for the studio...I have to make a lot of mix cd's that have to appeal to a lot of different kind of people during pottery classes. but I really do love them. annie
I like "I'm Amazed" like an old 70s rock tune from MMJ and don't know any of their mellow stuff. Hate the name too. Now Madeline Peyroux is truly awesome - i'm so happy she is having such success - she's so original, strange and lovely.
4 comments:
Which MMJ are you listening to? Their new one (Evil Urges) has some rather annoying elements, but I really love the previous one (Z). They have definitely gotten less mellow over time.
dmitry,
I am with you on this. I only download the mellower ones for the studio...I have to make a lot of mix cd's that have to appeal to a lot of different kind of people during pottery classes. but I really do love them.
annie
My Morning Jacket - really is a stupid name, but I won't hold it against them - gotta check them out.
I like "I'm Amazed" like an old 70s rock tune from MMJ and don't know any of their mellow stuff. Hate the name too. Now Madeline Peyroux is truly awesome - i'm so happy she is having such success - she's so original, strange and lovely.
Post a Comment