Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baby-Book Entry: Silas Loyal, 2 years 7months

It's been forever since I wrote down any of the things that this boy, this Wind Storm, says or does.
And he is a force of Nature worthy of many pages...

Hmmm, to start....
Yesterday (baby fee's 2nd b-day) was also a day of firsts and lasts for Silas. We went to see the "Night at the Museum 2", his first experience in a movie theatre. I thought it would be scary for him and expected to spend most of the time walking up and down the halls, drinking out of the water fountain and riding the escalator but he loved it. The popcorn spilled all over the floor in the first fidgety 5 minutes and he drank all his watered down lemonade so of course we visited the bathroom 4 times, "I have to pee, oh no, right now!!"
I think that potty training in our house coincides with other huge developmental leaps. I noticed the same thing with Mac and Emmett.
When they are ready to sit still for a movie, hold a drink, take direction without running wild (while mama's hands are full of movie junk food) among a million other can-do things...they are ready to be potty trained.
...and also ready to finally give up nursing. Yes, he was still "taking sips" before naps and bedtime and "when the sun comes up". So last night we talked about having boo for the last time and he just sort of had a two second nip and rolled over and fell asleep. And that was that.
He didn't even ask again. (And that is NOT the way it has been up until this point.)
I am amazed how easy things are when its the right time.
So here we go. Kung Fu panda underwear!! He's gonna try preschool in them tomorrow, another first. No more boo. He also can ride the big tricycles at the kindergarten playground now so he is happily occupied while I water the garden...it feels like a brand new day for him! He is even trying very hard to stop himself from hauling off and hitting Emmett...his target of choice. He said this morning, "Emmett is not the kind of boy that likes hitting. He likes hugging." Of course the hug knocked Emmett over but what can we expect from a boy that actually fell off the swing today, smiling too big. His hair is so kooky too. It's not curly or straight, its kind of Einstein or that guy on Taxi...he's just a trip and we love him.
...oh I had a list of funny things Silas says but there are some M&E in my head too... like how Mac called grilled cheese sandwiches, "girl cheese" and how Emmett thought the song, "Roxanne" was "Rock-Sand" and how Silas says "Yes I Mam!!" instead of yes I am....
the list goes on...for another day...

10 comments:

bebe/grancops said...

Thanks for sharing your rememberances, photos and video.
We miss you all. The pics of mac & matt brings a tear.

craig or cami said...

Now THAT's what I need, a baby that will go to the movies!!!!! And no more sunshine boo... Yes, when the time is right we all do whatever it is... Sounds obvious unless unless you think about all the time spent NOT doing whatever it is prior to that changing moment. I mean we were ZYGOTES! Ok, relax Cam... Yes, Emmett is the hugging kind. He fell of the swing smiling too hard, C'MON! Well, that all made me smile pretty hard (though now I have that achy missing feeling) and now I think I'm gonna go make me a girl cheese.

ma otter said...

cami,
you are so very funny to me!!!!! (zygotes!?!)
hahahaha
annie

Lauren said...

what a boy!

We love having him here and I think you should just make it official that he is part of the babysitting gang. I think he can even make it until 10.....

Anonymous said...

that boy is adorable..loved having him hang out at our house for babysitting last weekend for more than a few minutes!!...oh..another FIRST!! :)

Anonymous said...

あれは日本語で何といいますか? [url=http://ci2s.org/viagura.htm]バイアグラ 服用[/url] バイアグラ 個人輸入

Anonymous said...

Es ist die wertvollen Informationen cialis ohne rezept levitra online apotheke [url=http//t7-isis.org]levitra 20mg 12 st?ck[/url]

Anonymous said...

Meravigliosa, questo ГЁ divertimento messaggio [url=http://lacasadicavour.com/eriacta/ ]cialis 20 mg prezzi [/url]E 'solo un'altra frase http://lacasadicavour.com/eriacta/ cialis vendita on line Propertyman va

Anonymous said...

Bravo, me parece esto la idea admirable [url=http://csalamanca.com/ ]viagra sin recetas [/url] la Pregunta es quitada http://csalamanca.com/comprar-viagra-generico/ viagra online contrareembolso

Anonymous said...

dialectic http://cciworldwide.org/members/Slipcovers.aspx rhetorical http://cciworldwide.org/members/Polar-Heart-Rate-Monitors.aspx oscillations http://cciworldwide.org/members/Popcorn-Machines.aspx formations http://cciworldwide.org/members/Garage-Door-Openers.aspx tumultuous http://cciworldwide.org/members/Area-Rugs.aspx evacuations http://cciworldwide.org/members/Omeprazole.aspx tutelage http://cciworldwide.org/members/Vacuum-Cleaners.aspx chilango http://cciworldwide.org/members/Annuity-Calculator.aspx evacuations http://cciworldwide.org/members/Bariatric-Surgery.aspx harp http://cciworldwide.org/members/Electric-Blankets.aspx ncsu http://gotuc.net/members/Furnace-Filters/default.aspx fenced http://gotuc.net/members/Vending-Machines/default.aspx smses http://gotuc.net/members/Kitchen-Cabinets/default.aspx spacers http://gotuc.net/members/Slipcovers/default.aspx experiments http://gotuc.net/members/Polar-Heart-Rate-Monitors/default.aspx yangtze