Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Old Photographs...

she was a knockout...

...she was a mama...

...she was glamorous at times...

...and she wore the fab glasses at my baptism...

...she made great ham and potato salad and coffee and had
a very spicy and passionate relationship with my grandpa...

It's amazing, looking back through someones life.
Mom and I went to grandma's house today to find some photos for the funeral...
what an experience. I didn't expect to feel so much, well, sadness. Grandma has been ready to go for a long time and actually prayed to go. So what is there to be sad about?
Looking through these pictures, collecting her old handkerchiefs (I will make a curtain for Mac's room with them) and seeing that her life was not just the last 15 years...but so much more.
She traveled, was funny, was a great mom to her young children and was considered bold and curious and a bit sassy. As an older woman, this turned a bit ornery but just look at her life in pictures. It's all of us, isn't it??
And, yah, that's me in one of her legendary wigs for your amusement. I looked thrilled.
Oh, grandma....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie, this is great -- thanks for posting these!
Your mom . . .

megan said...

okay, i have to get this out of the way... annie, you should go out immediately and buy that exact wig. like right now.

that said, gigi was def a rockstar. no doubt about it. what an amazing woman. I love you guys! and im sending Nana a virtual hug. i love you Nana!!! :)

craig or cami said...

Look at that bathing suit! And that lil' bubba in the window (Carlin, that you?) That outfit, the body line! That smile! (Aw, Annie look at your fuzzy little newie head!) That fabulous turtle necked 1970's cute couple. And finally, that wig picture which I thank you eternally for posting. Great, loving post.

Lauren said...

I LOVE all these old photos. a wonderful tribute to your Grandma.

I love so many of them - that one of your baptism is priceless.