Thursday, May 07, 2009

some things happy...

1. Emmett's project night at school was so great. His work was about endangered species and was very informative and creative. We were relieved that he recovered from the "barfs" so we could go.
2. We planted cucumbers, pumpkins and heirloom tomatoes today and we imagined that GG's soul was still floating about out there somewhere and probably could see us. So we waved.
3. We had some bug time, read some Rangers Apprentice and ate corn on the cob. It felt like summer with the kids home.
4. And part of it looked like this.

3 comments:

daleth said...

You must see my climbing tomato, its huge!!!! I'm so proud of it, just counting days for those little ones to ripe.
About the flowers I got for your party; I was sure you would like them, I've never seen them before, but as soon as I spoted them I just knew you match with them.
I asked for the name but I forgot:(
I can check again when I come back to the farmers market.

Anonymous said...

cooool...the butterflies are just appearing!

craig or cami said...

this makes me feel better...:) does mabel actually catch the butterflies sometimes? i bet she does - that's some swift chompin.