Sunday, July 12, 2009

ok, three things...

#1 I watched "A Little Romance" with Mac and Emmett tonight and just went back in time. I saw the movie for the first time when I was 11 or 12...as Mac is...and the main character played by Diane Lane is turning 13. Lawrence Olivier is also in it. Such a sweet movie. And half way through we had an amazing realization. The boy in the movie looks so very much like Pablo it's crazy...without the curly dark hair.











#2 is about a book... "Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan
Safran Foer that I am reading thanks to Caline's recommendation is soooooo good. The first chapter is hands down the funniest first chapter ever and the rest is completely wonderful and beautiful and hilarious. Too good not to share!














#3 is another first in the family... I am not supposed to make too big a deal of this but Mac babysat for the first time tonight at someone else's house for someone else's kids. (Thanks Polly!) She is so incredibly ready and prepared for being a great babysitter (she has had Megan after all!) and we are just P-R-O-U-D!!

4 comments:

meg said...

macky! i cant wait to hear how it went! im sure you did an amazing job. Well chat later! xoxo - meg :)

craig or cami said...

Polly with the three little girls?? Babysitting - every girl's first BANK! Right on Macalicious. I can't believe there is a movie out there that I haven't seen - so intriguing that I may wait until Finley is of age to watch it... The movie of that book was hilarious and touching though I am sure comes not close to the written work. Maybe I will peruse your copy when we come??!! I hope the gods smile on this possibility...

Anonymous said...

They are lucky little girls to have you to play with, Mac.
It was lovely to hear your voice on the phone. As always, smiling with the thought of you.

bebe
oxoxo

Caline said...

Annie, I'm so glad you liked the book. I still haven't gotten over it and it's been at least three years since I read it for the first time. Every time I read it, some little piece suddenly makes sense in a new way and the connections seem easier to make between certain things... Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is different and the same and just as good....

I had a dream that I saw all of you in an airport. It was funny because the event was a sort of collage of all your posts and pictures. There were rocking chairs and Matt was coming out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist and Cami was there too. We kept seeing each other and I recognized various places and situations from your blog (superimposed in the airport) but there was a sense of chaos and I wanted to meet your children
but weird things were happening outside and then you I came face to face and we were really happy to see each other but then we got distracted and I woke up.