Cami,I wish you were here to take this yoga class with me.
Today the teacher told the story about ..."a woman climbing a rope with tigers
down below her and tigers on the cliff above her and a mouse
nibbling on the rope...she looks up, she looks down... then she sees, in a
crevice in the rock next to her, a patch
of wild strawberries.
Without much else to do she eats a perfect wild strawberry and smiles."
Then our teacher says that we should think of the tigers as what we all
face yet fear everyday and the mouse as time ticking away and the strawberries
as the happiness in the now.
Then she tells us to let this guide our practice and let go of our tigers for the NOW.
So...Later, after chatteranga-ing my butt off, sweaty and all vibratey, she says
to get into "happy baby" pose...my mind drifts to all the "tigers" in my life and of course
"the strawberries" too and "the mouse" and she says ....
"surrender, we are going to be here for a while."
(tears, tears)
When yoga is all-encompassing like this, stories, sounds, breathing, work, rest,
thoughts, feelings, pure physicality...
I love yoga.
3 comments:
RIGHT??!! Well said, sister. That is the shizzy and that is ultimately why it is so transformative for me. Nothing else like it... Great story - was it the divine miss You? Good for you for going I want to hear about your classes and pretend I went with. I myself went to an AWESOME class the day we got back - though my body was suffering a wicked mix of jetlag/redeye, pms and dreadful summer heat. Yo-GAAAAAA!
So glad you found a class you like! Way back when I was there I remember you were still looking for a good fit. My mom and I were just talking about my first class - she took me to her yogi when I was 4 as there weren't any kids classes back then! Oh the places it takes you - thanks for sharing your journey... and the strawberry story!
Namaste.
yey..you did yoga!
Post a Comment