Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What are these people really protesting?







The big concerns seem to be that we will become a socialist country (hardly), that Obama is a fascist (they must be unclear about the definition), that he isn't even a citizen, that he is too smart and his speeches too fancy, that he's responsible for out of control government spending (war $ and tax refunds are o.k. though) and the rest of the folks seem to be misinformed about death panels killing granny and Obama taking away their guns. You know its hard not sound like an arrogant uppity liberal smarty pants when we are dealing with folks like this.

I am ALL for a protest. Where real concerns are brought into the light from the power of thousands of voices. But this is silly.

All in all, a very uneducated gathering. At least from what I can tell from these signs. (I didn't even include the ones misspelled as that is just too low a blow.)
The one civil, clear exception would be the little girl with the CUT SPENDING sign who, you can tell, really IS worried about government spending (on frivolous things like health care, I am sure.)
And then there are the racists who are shouting "racism".
Whole lot of convoluted fear mongering going on around here.

2 comments:

craig or cami said...

this shit just freaks me OUT! this kind of ignorance and hate truly scares me... :((((

megan said...

whaaaaaaa??????