When I voted for Obama I felt I was voting for the guy who voted against the war.
Now I realize I instead voted for the guy who promised to go into Afghanistan during his campaign.
Joan Walsh (who often drives me crazy) gets it right in this article.
She writes..."I'm deeply disappointed, saddened even, but I don't feel betrayed. Obama has governed like the centrist he told us and showed us he is..."
Yeah, but I really hoped, even up to right before the speech that he would say that he changed his mind and just couldn't do it. Yes, I knew he wasn't as liberal as the right says he is but I somehow thought he would never do this, being a nobel peace prize winner and all. Damn. My big mistake. His big mistake.
So sad and miserable, this decision.
Read the article.
;(
2 comments:
I am so sad too. I thought we were closing Guantanamo and ending the war in Iraq in 18 months with this guy... I can't believe he's a war president. At least he's not Cheney? I had much bigger hopes. I knew he wasn't progressive but c'mon! I looked for protests at Union Square last night - only Christmas booths. When is Lauren dusting off that blog?
Tragic.
Post a Comment