Sunday, January 03, 2010

"Eating Animals"


As some of you may know the West Coast Dreyers have gone vegetarian. If you want some insight as to why read the book "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer. Click here for trailer
and check out this link http://www.eatinganimals.com/

This is Papa here to tell you that FACTORY FARMS ARE MEAN AND NASTY!

7 comments:

Caline said...

It's so great just to have you post a new post! I've been slacking but I look for and long for news of what's going on wit youse...
I haven't finished the book. I got distracted and read only about pregnancy and midwives/hospital births etc. I'm almost ready to move beyond this wonder bubble of pregnancy but it's really incredible. Constant miraculous growing... You know (x3)!
Happy new year!

craig or cami said...

I dig the trailer - he is one funny guy, with a serious subject... DOWN with the factory farms! Today I made a vegetarian black eyed pea tofu sausage thingy that was iffy. Then for the sake of really loving what I made I tried again and was rewarded with a totally yumalicous lentil soup with kale ribbons. Yesterday, at a Diner I ordered a cobb salad no chicken no bacon - it came out with the bacon - the waitress offered to pick it off for me? This is going to be harder than I thought. I see a lot of pb&j in our future. Remember fecal soup water weight. Tortured carcass. Greenhouse gasses up the wazoo. Starving people. Lakes of Poo. ECOLI! (and 12 other things I can't think of right now)

craig or cami said...

fecal water!!!I mean cmon...fecal water??? I cant be a Nazi to the animals...No bovine Claude Lanzmann is going to interview me saying " I didnt know! I didnt know!" plus my bowel movements are new and improved symphonies of health
-craig
P.S. Matmos is a poopy head

ma otter said...

I think Craigs comment should be its own blog post.

craig or cami said...

It just occurred to me that I can finally stop cannibalizing my fellows, the chickens - Cami

Rhea said...

Isn't this book the greatest?!?! I like his fiction but this book ROCKS!!!
Should be mandatory reading, I think.

Dmitry said...

Welcome to the club! Every time I think y'all can't get any cooler, you find a way!