the bulk: leftover rice, beans, breadcrumbs, quinoa, polenta, couscous etc etc
just mix 2 cups any of the above OR a mixture of the above with...
+
the flavor: 1/2 cup sauteed anything (tiny cut up onion, kale, brocolli, carrots, garlic etc)
+
the glue: add 1 or two eggs OR 1/2 cup silken tofu (depending on how quichey you want it to taste... and....
+
the yum (and kid pleaser): a cup of parmesan or swiss or cheddar or whatever ( I suppose soy cheese would work also.)
+
the spice: a cup of herbs (parley and cilantro, or oregano and basil, or even leftover tabouli)
+
the cooking: form into patties and saute with heated olive oil on medium for 5 minutes one side, then 3 minutes other side
the seasoning: salt and lots of fresh ground pepper
+
the choices: serve on a bun, over rice or with pasta or alongside a salad
=
unlimited options for deliciousness
3 comments:
Right on! This is so great and reminds me that this is why there are so many different kinds of veggie burgers because there are so many different ways to do it! You should call them "love patties". Oh and here is the bad, mean to chickens hiaku I wrote today...
Chickens pecking here
Chickens clucking everywhere
Get a Job, Chickens!
(Clearly the only rule I followed was 5 7 5!!)
came back to look and now i'm starving and am going to print this out!
Sounds great, I am going to try it for sure ! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment