Monday, May 31, 2010

Megan, Crys, Music and the Love of Learning New Things!

Papa and Mac lucked out yesterday when they found a resonably priced Epiphone Hummingbird for Mac. Mac decided to give Megan her old guitar because her hands out grew the baby Martin big time and Megan has mini hands, just right for it. So there was musical happiness all around...perfect
for our Sunday music gatherings with Meg and Crys when everyone crams into the "music room". This is becoming a tradition. And I must say Meg and Crys are two of the happiest and most adventurous people we know along with you know who...(click <---- )
So, I decided, with Megan's encouragement in the form of a dare, to learn to play a song or two on the ukulele.
This snippet is after my first 1/2 hour with Matt. As you can see, I need a little practice ;)


But Emmett thought we should get some video of it...so when I am awesome we can look back
at my humble beginnings....
"What a lovely day and a dreamy night!"

5 comments:

craig or cami said...

I feel and Incredible String Band revival a coming!! After your first half an hour! As Emmett said, you truly do rock! Go Annie! You look so cute and natural with that funny wee instrument. Yes the spirit of adventure and newness is all 'round. and I love that picture of those two sweeties by the by...

craig or cami said...

Watching this again:) You are making funny "learning mouth" faces! Finley picked up a guitar herself at the studio today - will send pic.

Amy said...

Chloe & I just watched your video and Yes, you rock Annie, with your sweet voice & giggles. Your a natural for sure! Emmett, Chloe loved your filming angles, especially the almost 360 at the end. Any chance we can come by with our Ukulele and have a lesson with Matt? Blake really wants to play. Maybe when school is out and life is not so busy...

meg "who needs a left ringfinger anyways" baird said...

YaaayyyyY! I love this! I have been practicing Angel from Montgomery nonstop and ive lost all feeling in the tip of my left ring finger. is that normal? i think so. i think that means SUCCESS!!!! hahahahaha :)

Cant wait to jam out on sunday! maybe ill come by after work tonight for a cheater sesh with macky? and anyone else hangin around?? bummer you have class annie, whos gonna play the uk!?

loves.
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Rhea said...

what a great video, Emmett! And you are right, she does rock!

Just love you Annie. rock on.