Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Russian in Him


Matt has some Russian blood and is always going on and on about the food. He heard from a friend at work that we should check out this great place..."Pectopah Pomegranite".
So, yesterday we decided to take Mac and Emmett on a culinary adventure...
a completely Russian restaurant with a good bit of vegetarian food to offer.
(Silas was at babysitting co-op, the second generation...)
From the moment we walked in we knew it was authentic because it was completely empty (it was only 6:00) and the guy berated us in heavy accent for not having a reservation and said we could only stay if we were out by 8:30...wha????????? But by 7:00 it was a full house.
It was awesome. I will admit when Matt first said this was where he wanted to go I was less than excited.
Cabbage and bulgar and beets...that was all I could think of. And frankly I am not fond of any of those. But this was an incredible meal complete with
5 kinds of russian salad, borscht, potato pie and baked apples and cherries. It also looked a little like Liam's room with writing all over the wall and had a piano covered in candles in the middle of it all. A shot of vodka for me to top it off (rare, but true) and hilarious conversation with our awesome kids!!
I recommend it highly! Mac and Emmett really liked it too! Enlarge to check out the menu.

3 comments:

Caline said...

What is that old Russian saying? "A family unafraid of culinary adventure can cure black widow bites with milk" I think Pershevnikov said that in Waxing Lennon!

craig or cami said...

The Russian Inn Him! He can open his own when he retires and call it that. "Life without Khaphachakuri is a pure waste"? "For a Fist Full of Rubles"? Thanks for posting the menu - it was chuckle-licious.
Babysitting coop - 2nd generation! Wish we could do it with you!

Amy said...

I heard about this place recently, and want to go for sure now !