Sunday, June 06, 2010

Wrapping my head around the enormity of this disaster...


Check out this comparison map .
It helped me to see how big this thing is.
But the craziest part is to imagine it doubling
itself in every direction over time, and then
again with any kind of storm...

I can't imagine what it must be like to look
out at the sea for all those people now.
And all those animals...for who knows how
long.

What's going to happen???

3 comments:

craig or cami said...

Jesus, look at that photo. The pictures from this absolutely blow my mind. That comparison is mind blowing too. Thanks for posting.

Caline said...

An impossible thing to wrap one's head around I think. The damage will surely flow and float and gurgle and spew into places and affect things that we have never considered...
And while there is no end point in sight yet, who knows how far reaching this will be. An earth without oceans. Can that even exist?!
I re posted the comparison map on facebook. A very sobering picture and a great way to make it all seem less abstract.
On a happier note, I'm experiencing the greatest joy of my life these days and I hope you are all doing great!!!
XOXOX

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.