Friday, August 27, 2010

run on sentence with lots of dot-dot-dots.............



I keep having conversations with complete strangers about how technology is taking over...and one about how I discover a new song, download it and then it disappears in my IPOD shuffle within an hour....about how book stores are loud now with music blasting and coffee shops are quiet with everyone on their computers...about how everything is different from the month before...
I am sure it has always been this way...old farts talking about how things are changing too fast but even the teenagers in my life are saying stuff like that...surely I didn't talk about the good old days when I was 13??
I hope this phenomenon isn't exponential or we will be loving and hating and living and dying in a blink. Ok, I am taking it too far....too fast....
Check out the chart. You will probably have to click to enlarge and clarify because that hasn't been worked out by the little scientists in my computer yet.
And while I am at it. Below is another cool and completely unrelated chart I found on Matt's facebook that I thought was worth spreading...(and forgetting, right!)...

1 comment:

craig or cami said...

This is such a good dose of Annie for me:) I love this post and I can hear you say it all. I just wish I was one of the people you were have the actual conversations with... I myself feel fragmented by all the information I take in. There is so much and it gets mixed up and confused. Or maybe that's 40... Or maybe that's just me being a dufus.... This makes think - what's that thing Matt always says? "Boooorn........Childhooood......High School....College...Work.. OldAgeCancerDeath!!!"