Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cam, remember when we were talking on the phone about the power of words?!

Well, here is some Saturday morning reading that has some truly brilliant parts.
It is by George Lakoff, a professor from UCBerkeley who has written extensively about "The Political Mind" (his most recent book)!
Here's the entire article.
I visit the website Common Dreams quite a bit. Check it out. Great writing, interesting progressive perspectives every single day!


3 comments:

craig or cami said...

yay, I was waiting for this but can't read it yet... I'll be back!

ma otter said...

sorry to say, this is not the big philosophy thing we were actually talking about ... just one of many articles I have been reading that have touched on the "message" idea...
I just don't think I can ever post the whole crazy quadrant idea without Matt committing me ;)

craig or cami said...

Ok good. I was confused (more than usual!:)
I will have to see the quadrant concept with me
own eyes. This was good reading though. And
thanks for reminding me about common dreams
I used to go all the time around the 2004 elections.