Tuesday, June 28, 2011

capoeira

Silas was really excited to take his "dance" class. He really loves to dance and, though I knew this, I can't believe how long it has taken me to realize that this actually might be his thing. I don't know if it's capoeira or hip hop or more a "stomp" kinda thing but he is truly all about expressing himself this way.
The class was full of kids who knew exactly what they were doing and it moved pretty quickly. I could tell he was nervous and intimidated when he realized that everyone knew all the steps, the songs AND how to do cartwheels. He did such a good job and absolutely LOVED it!
So here he is doing cartwheels (he doesn't realize he's doing them backwards!)
and headstands and learning to dancefight in the circle, which has a much more beautiful name in portugese but I can't remember it!

3 comments:

May may said...

Wow!!! Great job Si!! You look so cool! I can't believe you almost did a headstand! That is for sure something I don't think I can do... will you teach me when I come home for Christmas? I also think your cartwheels are amazing! Maybe you can teach me those too!

I love you and miss you! Keep up the cool dancefighting! It super rad :)

craig or cami said...

Silas - whoa!!! You look awesome there!! Of course, such a physical and musical person who loves animals - Capoeira! Totally perfect. Finley says it's even like a Pokemon battle.

craig or cami said...

Watching again:) He is so sweet in the dancefight. And brave.
Are you guys doing capoeira in the side yard now?
btw - I used to go watch my hairdresser do this down in battery park. there was also a demonstration at the playground not too long ago.