Thursday, August 04, 2011

Brother Sister Day




It rocks that Mac Em and Silas take Brother Sister Day very seriously.
They "bonded" on the Coronado ferry, hunted for Green Day CD's and proudly turned Silas into a "Green Day Nerd", sang "bullfrogs down by the banks of the hanky panky" while they waited in lines, decided on sweet stuffed animal gifts to each other, played guitars together and Mac and Em watched Silas' first swimming lesson with great interest ("he's sooo cute") and concern ("he's scared to put his face in") and cheering all around ("yay Silas!").
There was a lot of love in this day and I was happy to watch it happen.

2 comments:

May may said...

I love Brother-Sister Day! Looks like so much fun this year. Great weather too! Annie giggling on that thing Mac was driving was hilarious, lol :) That thing was cool. I wanna do that when I come home. Love you guys! All looks happy and healthy and smiling and awesome and wonderful out there. XOxoxoxo Love Meg<3

craig or cami said...

Cool bike and boat rides!! Love all the happenings and mostly really admire this day. A day celebrating being brothers and sisters the most amazing idea ever. Tiny nobel peace prize for that one?
Those stuffed animals bring a tear. I am glad there is a new generation voices all intact and unwashed;)
And finally, those capoeira moves are Killer!!