
When Matt and I were planning to get married we decided on May because we knew we would have a lot of out of town guests and they could come for the long Memorial Day weekend. But for me, the real reason was that all those people flying into San Diego could look out the window of the plane as they landed and see all the jacarandas in bloom. It always amazes me how this shade of lavendar can be so luminous.
I have had similar experiences in Kenya admiring the jacarandas in Nairobi...feeling very surprised how familiar such a far away place could seem.
And then of course there are the lilac bushes on the East Coast. Cami and Craig's wedding was also in May, 6 years ago. I remember cutting branch after branch from enormous lilac bushes on the side of the road to decorate their house for a party.
Anyway, great color, great month and now GREAT DAY....
we got a call from Cami and Craig and they will be going in to induce labor at 4:00 NY time. So, I am lighting the candle, also purple coincidentally...and thinking about NEW LIFE......
4 comments:
wow...go Cami!
Lovely blog Annie!! Let us know when you know.
I meant lovely blog post! although the blog is also lovely!!
Wow!!!
I called you earlier and you were on the other phone - I thought maybe you were talking to New York!
Annie..Oh how I love thee purple !! I grew up with a big fat lilac bush in our back yard, in the Midwest..and oh how I miss them here. But we are fortunate enough to have 2 beautiful jacaranda tree's in our front yard..so yes, it is a slight replacement...Ours are a little delayed in bloom, and even though they leave a sticky mess on our cars..I think the beauty they give us is worth it !! Also love your shrine and purple birth candle..such pure energy you are sending...hope all goes well...
Post a Comment