Wednesday, May 30, 2007

ten years tomorrow!!...


(the kiss)
On Saturday Matt and I went out to dinnner to celebrate or 10th anniversary which is technically tomorrow, the 31rst . We had always said on our 10th we would go to Paris or something but...well...life happens and the timing was off (as well as the money thing! ha!).


(we still like to pretend we are cool!)
...anyway, we usually don't do that much for anniversaries but really wanted to mark this one somehow. So, I decided to get a ring I've always wanted and Matt at first was going to get a tatoo. After a couple of weeks of uninspired browsing for tatoos Matt decided what he really wanted was a banjo. That's a perfect 10th anniversary present I think, especially since music is one of his best gifts to our family!

(the ring, a bit blurry!)
The ring is special to me because is choc-full of symbolism...I am a sucker for secret meaning and traditionas you may have noticed...
anyway, the ring is from the 1800's. It is rose gold to match my wedding band. Its called a gypsy ring . The stone in the middle represents the moon, the rays coming off it, the sun. The stones around the outside were originally all garnets but a few were missing so we decided to leave two garnets for Macs birthstone and replace the rest with two amethysts for Emmett and two tourmalines for Silas. The entire ring was generously and lovingly reinforced and strenghthened by Megans dad, Ron, who is an awesome wax mold maker for fine jewelry.
It surprises me that I could be so happy about a ring as I am usually not that type of girl but this was the perfect gift...Thanks Matt for this and Everything!!!!!!!!
I love you and you know it!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Amy said...

What a dashing couple !!! Nice photo's, beautiful ring, and love the Banjo !!!! Congrats on 10 years ...

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary guys. You guys are a couple that is a joy to watch (and I mean it). Wow, Annie that ring turned out beautifully, I remember you showing me pictures of it! By the way you both look lovely in the pics..how was dinner?

daleth said...

Congratulations!

Lauren said...

Love the ring - can't wait to see it in person.

Paris can wait - maybe for your 20th.....

When Matt was picking up the kids Saturday night he said dinner was great. A big fat steak sounds delicious right now!

Lauren said...

Hey Guys: Happy Anniversary!

Oh yeah and Go McCain yourself!

{Annie, I just read your comment over at my place}

lydiafdc said...

Congrats on ten years...you guys deserve the happiest! That beautiful gypsy ring and banjo sound perfect!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary... What you two . What you two have done and been and are in these 10 years is amazing.
You are an inspiration. We love you very muchxxx

E'l Roy said...

You guys pretend well--I've always thought you were cool!

E'l Roy said...

Oh, and Happy 14th C&S Anniversary, Matt!