
I was never that into "The Miracle Worker" or Helen Keller...but Mac is doing a project on her life so we watched the movie tonight. Seeing things through the eyes of your children is amazing. I am always surprised when Mac doesn't like something I do...and I am even more amazed when I become interested in something I never thought I would because of Mac. This past week as Mac told me bits of pieces about what she has learned, I have become fascinated with the life of Helen Keller. The movie tonight was great and Mac's reaction to it was classic Mac. She jumped on my lap, grabbed my hands and started spelling things in sign language with joyful tears in her eyes. She loves stories like this and can really relate...teachers,spirit,communication,equality,love and dare I say, tantrums...and I love stories like these too!
Here is Mac's timeline... And looking at it I realize that she published something like 9 books...amazing! And was Helen Keller actually in the movie "Deliverance"? Eek.
4 comments:
I love the scene at the dinner table. I can actually still throw a pretty good tantrum. I just watched it for the first time in 20 years myself and loved it too - powerful stuff. Love the timeline.
Yes..I remember it too..the dinner table scene..I loved that movie when I was little and loved Anne Bancroft in it... I always said to Don that our kids were doing a Helen Keller when they were little and grabbed food off the table!! Isabel's doing her project on HElen Keller too..so we also have a HK revival in our house as well..must get the Miracle Worker out!
What a great movie ! I to loved Helen Keller when I was younger, it was a very powerful story for me. We studied her in Catholic School. I saw the movie later. So cool that Mac got you into HK Annie.. Can't wait till Chloe goes down that road.
I did a report on Helen Keller in the 4th grade and thought she was so cool! I remember trying to write things on friend's hands.
I have never seen that movie! Something to add to the queue. I bet Aida would love it too.
Post a Comment