Monday, March 03, 2008

you know you need some grown-up time ...



...when...

...everyone's lunch includes a sippy cup, including Matt, and you don't even notice ... this really happened today. Matt says, "Annie come check this out...see anything odd??"...and truthfully I didn't until he told me.

Next time he gets the crusts cut off and the butter in the shape of hearts!!











This (left) is the Star of India where Mac, as a male crew member from 1873, will be working and spending the night with her 5th grade class. She is a 'line-rigger' with a 2 hour night watch and has been practicing songs like..."what do you do with a drunken sailor?....bring 'em to the bilge and make 'em drink it and shave their belly with a rusty razor"...etc. How cool is that!





...Actually I don't need grown-up time...I want to be a kid again! They seem to have a lot of fun nowadays!

7 comments:

lydiafdc said...

That is hilarious! And I agree, I want to be a kid again and be totally freeeeeeeeee!

Amy said...

What a great laugh you guys must of had... I ditto the wanting to be the kid again...sippy cup and all !

daleth said...

Sounds fun!!!

craig or cami said...

Great photo sooooo fricken funny. I cannot - CANNOT believe Mac gets to go on that ship??! It can't be good to be this jealous of a ten year old. We only ever went to the planetarium - which was cool, but year after year... I coulda used a ship!

Lauren said...

Love the sippy cup story. hey at least Matt doesn't have to worry about spilling!

I want to hear about Mac's night on the SoI. Maybe she can do a guest post....

Anonymous said...

God..so funny...that is a classic!

Anonymous said...

Matt has 50 years more before he will need that sippy cup, early middle age seems so young!!!

Mac, call grandcops as practice his pirate voice--you will really be in character'

Annie, I'm dying here waiting for Video or pics---anything. Help! We love this blog, hope you gals are having fun. xxxooo