Sunday, April 06, 2008

greats...


Mom and I have been trying to remember the name of this awesome, prolific, low-growing perennial...and mom found it in the new Sunset book today...GENTIAN! (click to enlarge)

We planted this from seed, just threw it around, last year or even the year before...it is so beautiful!!









These are two California Natives that I think are really beautiful...California Wild Lilac (aka Mountain Lilac) and Sweet Broom....that smells so good like lemony roses!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the California Wild Lilac...and I love the flower name..."Gentian"..

Lauren said...

That is so beautiful.

I am going to get some of that seed - sounds like my kind of gardening!

Amy said...

Yes, love them all, especially the "Gentian", I need some of those seeds to...

lydiafdc said...

I am loving all these beautiful native flowers! Thx for the website too...a backyard plan is smoldering!

Dmitry said...

Gentians? Bavarian gentians, big and dark,only dark darkening the daytime, torch-like, with the smoking blueness of Pluto's gloom,
ribbed and torch-like, with their blaze of darkness spread blue
down flattening into points, flattened under the sweep of white day torch-flower of the blue-smoking darkness, Pluto's dark-blue daze, black lamps from the halls of Dis, burning dark blue, giving off darkness, blue darkness, as Demeter's pale lamps give off light? Those gentians? Yes, they are pretty. (Thanks to D.H. Lawrence)