Wednesday, April 02, 2008

opinion post...

..so many good things about North Park...so many new restaurants springing up everywhere...and bars and shops...
but I have a beef with the Commonwealth Cafe...a decor issue...

Though I love the color green, and a huge neon green sign is so cool, its proximity to actual late night dining customers makes everyone look sick sick sick. Especially if this place is for the after-bar crowd who definitely need 'thoughtful' lighting, after the eyeliner starts to smudge and the mojitos have kicked in. First design rule...don't make the folks look nauseous and the food look freaky. Maybe a red sign, or the green sign moved outside and higher up...anything!

If you don't agree, just go there after dark, eat and take a picture of yourself. Not good.

(below, a photo from the gay and lesbian times from the review...see...just icky)

I will add that the food is good and it's great to have take-out burgers near home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotta love the food reviews/decor reviews posts...keep 'em coming!

lydiafdc said...

I agree, I did a self portrait there with the family and to top it off I was wearing a green shirt! As for the food, I didn't like it so much?! Unless I'm a part of the after Bluefoot crowd. ;)