she changed the debate from one of issues to one of LIES*, exaggerations and one liners. This is the politics we've lived with now for 8 years (and more) and I am so sick of it. For a brief moment it wasn't us against the world, and against eachother...but now "it's on" as the media will put it...and I am sorry and pissed about that.
This kind of woman is not usually my cup of tea, liberal or otherwise...pushy, domineering, competitive, in your face, this is the mom/dad at school I avoid... Man or woman you don't need to act like that to get things done. (Obama is a good example of that.) So her manner, though praised by just about everyone does not appeal to me at all. Just because she excited (like crazy) the audience as if it were a some sort of sporting event...it was just odd to me to hear people chant "drill, drill, drill" for oil. Is this the face we really want the world to see, Mc Cain and Palin? What does this say about us on the world stage? From a political standpoint I am seriously bummed that we now have another cheerleader/mudslinger/book banner/advocate of abstenance only education... who again plays on our insecurities ....didn't we just have 8 years of this... Where it was American Idol politics all the way...the powers that be were always banking on our 'group think' and general dismissal of the issues because it was proven time and again that that was really all it took for them to win. Scare us then tell a joke and move on to your commercial break because Americans don't have the attention span. It has been so demeaning to be talked at like we are stupid and could fall for the sappy stories without any real substance. But you know what? It's working again for the GOP. This country is full of suckers if they are fooled by Palin and the party that is using her. Honestly, I want to know...what has changed within the republican party in the last week except for a fresh, feisty face spitting out sarcastic insults and jibes while she enjoys the title of woman-most-used-for-political-reasons...and why would anyone want to break that glass ceiling?
If John Mc Cain is elected thanks to Sarah Palin then this country gets what it deserves...none of the "changes", if there are any, will be positive ones for 99.9% of the country...but we will have the same old thinking in the white house as we face entirely new problems. ...and don't forget, we will also have a stereotype of a sit com mom dishing out pit bull wit. And god forbid she accomplishes any of her goals we will really be in trouble!
*(click here for an article about the lies!) the lies refer to the bridge to nowhere that she jumped ship on AFTER congress put it to rest...and when she said Obama never wrote any legislation worth mentioning ...and when she listed all the ways he would raise taxes
...also, the lie about balancing the budget when she was Mayor...and what about when she says she represents America???? (well, I didn't kill a moose today for fun)
...and more lies keep popping up. But I forgot the Bush/Rove Truism...if you lie often enough it becomes the truth.
...and now for you especially Lauren, check out the Sarah Palin bio that they were going to run but didn't at the RNC. It is so syrupy and hoaky and it actually sounds like a Saturday Night Live Spoof of a tampon commercial. It's so cheesy.
6 comments:
wow...beautifully and passionately written..you know what...after the shock of it all..upon reflection I think that this is going to get the Dems more mobilized...
You could not have said it better... I feel the same way. There is so much more going on here than the average "Pitt bull, lipstick wearing hockey Mom knows", lets hope they can figure it out !!
I thought this op-ed by Judith Warner was very good. Here is the link to cut and paste in your browser.
http://warner.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/04/the-mirrored-ceiling/
Go Annie! I am loving these recent posts - I only wish I have tv these days so I could be watching all the speeches first hand at home (or do I?) Anyway, 60 days is a lot of time for Palin to hang herself but good with this divisive crapola. I am confident she will succeed!
Wow what a piece of propaganda (the video)
She is just A W F U L. Ironic that the Republicans say they don't believe in affirmative action, but then they are the ones that always pick these token unqualified people to important positions. (Clarence Thomas? really the most qualified person for the Supreme Court? Really?)
You are right on how decisive she was. Nothing like laughing about people who get paid almost nothing to help their communities!
Check out what I just posted over on my blog - it will at least make you laugh about Palin.
Well said!!
She is (they are) SCARY! As always I hate that people get so easily sucked into the talking points and bantor. Pahleeze can people stay focused on Obama's speech that echos so many truths about political races...focus on the issues people!
OK, Annie (it's Isabel). I thought you could use this outlet for your frustrations: womensaynopalin@gmail.com.
They ask that you write a short, succinct message about why you, as a woman living in this country, do not support this candidate as second-in-command for our nation.
They want you to include your name (last initial is fine), age, and place of residence.
here's the rest:
We will post your responses on a blog called "Women Against Sarah Palin," which we intend to publicize as widely as possible. Please send us your reply at your earliest convenience—the greater the volume of responses we receive, the stronger our message will be.
Thank you for your time and action.
Sincerely,
Quinn Latimer and Lyra Kilston
New York, NY
womensaynopalin@gmail.com
Post a Comment