I was looking around for some pots to photograph for you to see, Caline, and realized there wasn't much left of mine after the sale...actually I made fewer pots than usual this this season...other creative projects floating around...but here are some "newborns"I made this morning (above right) and some shots of the studio today during class. There are beautiful things everywhere, however, made by many others...I am so thankful for this place!
6 comments:
I like the handprints
-craig
Great bowls - looks like a dinner party already. I like them just like that too without the glaze, but they probably could/shouldn't stay like that, huh? The window looks really festive. I love that place. I would be a pottery groupie if we lived there. Hi, Caline!
Wow! Where to begin?!...
I have to first comment on the color of your walls. Fuschia! It made me happy just to look at it!
The hand prints! The tree display; not only a great idea but a great photo. I love the layers of inside, outside,you, entrances,windows, doors...
The studio looks like a very, very inspiring place to be/work.
And that set of dishes just blows me away. It's one of the great mysteries of the world to me how someone can make more than one of anything on the wheel and have it look the same as another. I pretty much stopped after pinch pots and coil structures. Maybe if I make it over for a visit you could give me another shot at throwing clay... and then there's the mystery of the glaze... Firing something that looks one way and having it come out of the oven completely different. Magic!
There are some neat pieces. I particularly like the miniatures displayed all together.
I look forward to seeing a lot more of your work!
Oh, who is the C. Dreyer who made the picture on the wall?
I love looking at your blog!
...c. dreyer in this case is Christian (Matt's older brother)...and many of the paintings are Carols (Matt's mom) also. Yeah, its great having so much art from so many people all around...I just love it.
The fuschia wall, as every wall in my life, was a spontaneous choice that I sometimes wish I could easily change but, in the end, I like. After the first few years of all white walls that always looked dirty I think I am able to hide a lot of mess with color...and I do love it.
thanks for all the happy, positive feedback!!
Love the bowls...and I am sure you whipped those up in no time !! great photo's, I really love the studio, everything about it !! Can't wait to be there again tonight...
great studio shots.... miss you all and especially miss those chilly walks (what i thought was chilly) to check on a kiln on december nights (all those holiday pots waiting to be gifted), turning the corner and seeing the lights was always heartwarming.
ok, so i still have chilly december nights checking on kilns, pretty lucky i guess. thanks for sharing it all.
Post a Comment