Thursday, February 12, 2009

happy birthday mr. lincoln


...how would he vote today?
the question in asked
in this article??

2 comments:

craig or cami said...

you can write a book about what i didn't know in that article! but now I know a bit more - thankee.

Caline said...

One of my favorite things about Lincoln is that he was psychic. He had prophetic dreams which he recorded in journals and which he shared only with his closest friend, Ward Hill Lamon. "Hill" was a fellow lawyer who was something like 19 years Lincoln's junior but who became Lincoln's best friend before and during Lincoln's presidency. It is even believed that Lincoln saw his own death the night before he was shot, and described it in detail to "Hill" who urged Lincoln not to go to the theatre.
I had a great history professor in college who had a passion for Lincoln and had one great story, theory, anecdote after the next. Through his enthusiasm I was completely drawn in... But the psychic stuff is what I remember.