There's a song called "look at what the light did now" by little wings that I always think of when we have any kind of weather.
It's kind of a kooky song but I love it loud on a long and misty walk.
Because for me the best part of a rainy day is the light and how the world I am used to
looks so different.
I have heard that to SEE the artwork, paintings and knick-knacks in your house, you have to change them around every now and then.
I like the idea that we need the rain so we can really see what has become invisible.
Look at what the light did now.
The sound of rain is pretty perfect, too. And I don't mind the wet either.
And then the sun comes out and it's like a gift.
..............................................................................................
7 comments:
The best gift ever in my opinion! I wish we would get it once a week all year long.
i love that song too :)
that is one of my favorite songs from the early baby days. i actually used it as a lullaby. it is raining here too, though on top of snow on top of ice that is month old snow and sleet:)
is that a new banner photo of the same buds?!
yes cami, new banner as the buds change!
I love this tree!
...so funny! I just signed into my blog to make a new post entitled "Rain". I was inspired by reading The Sun which called for stories about rain for their next readers as writers section. Today at work I wrote my little thing which is SO different from your feelings about rain!
I'll go post it now...
and I love what you wrote. I'll try to look at things in that light the next time it seems nothing but gloomy. I have to say that the rainy view from your place looks quite cheerful!
and I totally understand Matt's perspective too. from a sympathetic perspective. definitely no empathy.
The sun is GREAT!
I got #2 yesterday and stayed up way too late with it...
Post a Comment