I can't wait to read read read this summer. many many books... lots and lots of books everywhere around this house...
and I feel like I need some summer reading lists...
in every subject...for all ages....taking suggestions...
6 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Everything is Illuminated & Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, both by Jonathan Safran Foer. What he does with language is to put it on its ear and make it turn into a whole new thing.... -Caline
I like to try and guess where all those books are at in your house. That banner is one of my all time favorites. I am thinking of my contribution - get back to you...
I also really recommend Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. For the littlest reader (listener) 'Calico the Wonder Horse, aka The Saga of Stewy Stinker' - the kids keep checking this out from the library - I may need to add it to our permanent collection!
I just bought Olive Kitteridge from the community bookstore (had a gold Pulitzer Prize sticker on it) I have high hopes - we'll see. Glass Houses is another recent favorite though a little on the dark tip. For the kids all I have to offer is The Summer Of The Monkeys, my favorite from their collective general age group. For Silas, the If You Give A Pig A Pancanke series. For Matt, anything by Susan Sontag:::)))
6 comments:
Everything is Illuminated & Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, both by Jonathan Safran Foer.
What he does with language is to put it on its ear and make it turn into a whole new thing....
-Caline
exactly what I wanted caline...I am starting a library list!!!
thanks
I Capture the Castle, Dodi Smith...beautiful fairy taleish coming of age story, in the countryside, England, 1930s/40s.
It got made into a movie that was ok..but not as good as the book!
I like to try and guess where all those books are at in your house. That banner is one of my all time favorites. I am thinking of my contribution - get back to you...
I also really recommend Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
For the littlest reader (listener) 'Calico the Wonder Horse, aka The Saga of Stewy Stinker' - the kids keep checking this out from the library - I may need to add it to our permanent collection!
I just bought Olive Kitteridge from the community bookstore (had a gold Pulitzer Prize sticker on it) I have high hopes - we'll see. Glass Houses is another recent favorite though a little on the dark tip. For the kids all I have to offer is The Summer Of The Monkeys, my favorite from their collective general age group. For Silas, the If You Give A Pig A Pancanke series. For Matt, anything by Susan Sontag:::)))
Post a Comment