Friday, July 17, 2009

I LOVE HALF BLOOD PRINCE. (and...I am such a mush.)



We went to see Harry Potter (and we are taking Nana again tonight!) and this was my very favorite movie so far.
But what is really interesting to me is that I am in love with the characters so much, as is the world, that I cry at the drop of a hat thinking about them. Just weird.
For instance, my throat gets tight when I think of them leaving Hogwarts or growing up. It's like a little bereavement thinking of there being no more books or movies. I was very happy to hear that the last book will be two movies.
Of course much of this is tied to our kids and their friends and all the growing up that has happened since we stretched out to read the first book...changing right along with Harry, Hermione, Ron and Ginny...and Luna, and Neville and Hagrid and Dumbledore (waaaaaaaaa!).
They are so damn cute in this movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree completely and I think it is very tied to our own children going..it has been such a huge part of their childhood experience and ours ..reading the books with them..watching them read the books..the excitement about the movie coming out..ahhh..love it.