Saturday, July 04, 2009

July 4th Party and Attempted Robbery, No Kidding...






So Mama, Mac, Emmett, Silas and I went to San Marcos for the 4th of July fireworks party we have been going to for many years. Lauren, Eduardo, Pablo, Aida, Rachel and Miles joined us there. We had some food, lots of laughs, the kids ran around and we had a great time. Silas hid under a blanket during the show but was okay because he could see the show, filtered by the blanket. We know this because a bunch of us got under and watched the show with him.


The crazy part of the day was on the way home, across the street from Lauren's house we witnessed a robbery in progress when we saw a bicycle hurled into the middle of the street and two guys attacking a girl on the sidewalk. Annie, the super hero super mom, started yelling out the window for the robbers to , "Stop It!" Then she tried to get out of the car, soccer ball in hand (no kidding, she really tried to get out of a moving minivan with a soccer ball in hand and break up the robbery).

I yelled at her to get back in the 'effin car (the kids were making fun of me later for dropping the F bomb) and I got out. The robbers, two juveniles most likely, had run off. The victim was a 27 year old lady bring some beer over to her friends house. She said that while she was getting robbed, she saw the silver van go by and a woman yelled and the robbers ran off. Go Annie!
Lauren and Eduardo pulled up, got some ice for the victim, she was okay, Lauren drove Annie and the kids home while I waited for the cops and helped the girl make the report. What a day!

9 comments:

may gun said...

WTF! are you joking! that ish is absolutely nuts! seriously, go annie. wow. that lady was lucky you guys were there... sheesh!

CJ Lucke said...

I love it that she grabbed a soccer ball as a weapon! You guys are great citizens .. very appropriate for the 4th. And glad everyone is OK.

meg said...

wait, what is emmett saying about america?

ma otter said...

he's saying "peace on America"...or maybe "peace out america"???
I'll have to ask him in the morning.
...funny, I remembering hearing him at the time and wondering what exactly he was saying...

craig or cami said...

Okay we had a great time last year, but there was NO silas (in those glasses!) and NO annie throwing anything and absolutely no high robbery drama. I recall it being hella fun tho. Fantastic fireworks too! Sounds like one you won't soon forget.

megan said...

haha, "hella." so nor cal! :)
miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

the screams are hilarious in the video...glad no one was seriously hurt in the drama...urgh!

Anonymous said...

Ey!!!!!Annie the thugs may have had guns. Honk the horn or put in action your car to scare them, please don't get out of the car or go into the water to save a swimmer in trouble alone. Thank God you were there Matt(language understandable) We all need you to much for you to go risking your life, OK....OK
Big love hug to Mac,Emmett + Silas
I love your faces xoxox
ooxxooxx bebe oxoxoxoxoxox

Caline said...

I've been looking for Wonder Woman underwear to send but they only seem to come in little tiny sizes!