Tuesday, July 21, 2009

where the wild things are


ok, everyone loves this book right?

(thank you again Maurice Sendak)

I made a felt story of it when I was in
6th grade...cut out monsters and all the
scenes and even small felt letters...
I performed it for the kindergarteners
and 1rst graders (got to skip class
to do it too)
and I still have the felt-boy in my trunk.

I mean this is just a great book.

And now,
with Silas,
I even have my
very own little wild thing.
I can't believe how good this movie looks
but even if it isn't, the trailer is awesome.
watch it ---> HERE.
The music sounds great too.

2 comments:

craig or cami said...

I left a whole long comment this morning and it didn't save!! Krikey. Basically I said I never read that book as a kid and am looking forward to reading it with Fin - and seeing the movie for myself cause you know I loves me a good movie! I like to think of you little cutting out felt letters and boys:)

Caroline said...

I read it over and over as a child and for such a simple book it made a huge impression. I recently saw the trailer too and it looked lovely.