1. braids
2. iced jasmine green tea/no coffee
3.gardening
4. few headaches
5. only one book read aloud to mac and emmett...Eragon (vs. the 20 books read aloud last year)
but lots of books read to Silas!
but lots of books read to Silas!
6. making the couch into a giant pillow slide
7. evening beach, daytime pool
8. lots of vegetables from the garden (didn't buy one tomato, green bean, lettuce or zucchini or cucumber!)
9. silas potty trained and preschooled
10. facebook, still not sure how I feel about this...
11. cousins really loving eachother, baby FEEEEEE!
12. yoga
13. mui tai (sp? forgive me matt!)
14. the staycation to beat all
15. "playing for change"- the whole family loves it!
16. more chores for the kids. they are not too happy about this.
17. Tobeys 19th hole restaurant.
18. Zarina being free and then lost and then found and then free again
19. peaches and nectarines (last three years it was watermelon!)
20. mac and emmett lounging in different positions all over the house
reading reading reading
21. doomed tuesdays (always hit crowds or traffic)
22.new piano teacher in OB, new guitar teacher too
23.the "trip" to Palm Springs
24.the ZOO! and wild animal park! (again)
25. the stingray attack on Mac! but then surfing!
26.the sound of Mac on guitar accompanied by Emmett on piano, priceless!
27.dungeons and dragons
28.silas jumping off something saying "to infinity and beyond!"
This was the summer I got to stay home with a 2 year old, 8 year old and 11 year old
and it was unexpected, difficult at times and great.
There will never be another one like it! And I guess I am ready .... now, on to Autumn!
22.new piano teacher in OB, new guitar teacher too
23.the "trip" to Palm Springs
24.the ZOO! and wild animal park! (again)
25. the stingray attack on Mac! but then surfing!
26.the sound of Mac on guitar accompanied by Emmett on piano, priceless!
27.dungeons and dragons
28.silas jumping off something saying "to infinity and beyond!"
This was the summer I got to stay home with a 2 year old, 8 year old and 11 year old
and it was unexpected, difficult at times and great.
There will never be another one like it! And I guess I am ready .... now, on to Autumn!
1 comment:
I'm reading down the list going "uh huh, yep know that, yep, yep, yep' and that makes me feels so good - that by spending a week and hearing lots of stories and the blog and really just a couple phone calls - I know all those things about your amazing summer. The one that makes me really crack up is Tobeys 19th Hole - why is that name so darn funny!? My abridged list is easy - the summer of Brooklyn! (and a juicy trip to SanDiego!!) Now bring on the soup.
Post a Comment