Friday, September 11, 2009

Peace Out on Facebook

Three weeks was enough. I am far to obsessive of a personality.
I found myself sitting at the computer at many would-be-relaxing moments..and checking and rechecking.
Publishing and removing and republishing and checking. Just seeing what's going on out there. Did anyone comment on my comment.
Reminds me of the kids and Tomagachis. I remember Emmett saying, "I just can't stand it but I have to check to see if it evolved" (or something like that)...and I guess that's what i do on facebook.

And it's not creative or satisfying...and sometimes it can be a little bit creepy.
For instance...have you noticed that people rarely mention, when in person, that they facebooked
eachother all night?! (mildly suggestive sounding...)

Anyway, I prefer the blog because after 20 minutes of staring into the glowing rectangle, at least I have something!
Having said that, I did truly enjoy re-introducing myself to some long losts...that means YOU Dawn...and the old dancer friends.

p.s. I also realize that for most normal people it works well enough to merely turn off the computer and take a walk when over-facebooked. I am clearly not normal in this area!!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Crackbook is the term I usually use. Addictive like no other! You are a strong person to turn the other way. So glad I will still be able to keep up with you on your blog. Will you send me your email and address to woodardma@gmail.com? Keep blogging my friend!

Ms Morgan said...

I admire your self knowledge and will to act. I myself will need a 12 step program.

Ms Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhea said...

Thank you!!! I saw the 'f' word and sighed, old friends tried to suck me in last year and it drove me nuts! I told them all they could reach me by phone, e-mail, blog, dare I say mail?! I just felt bombarded by it and didn't get it at all. Love the people I know who are on it, just can't bring myself to participate.
Congratulations on your liberation!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Annie! I will be joining Morgan in the 12 step program ;)

craig or cami said...

I knew it was too good to last! Maybe you were a blackout facebooker... You woke up one day with all these people and you didn't know how you got there:)) heehee

Martihuerta said...

I'm ready too!

Amy said...

I am with you all the way my sister !