Tuesday, September 15, 2009

coming home to this is the best...

Mac and Emmett have discovered that they can play the basics of almost any song by getting the chords online and sitting down together. This is a new development. Instead of the "pretend play" that used to go on around here, now they spend a lot of time doing this....and their childhood continues to evolve.
I LOVE IT.
Besides the fact that they are learning so much so quickly...they are also having so much FUN. This is the reason I made them practice. Not to be famous pianists but for this. Now, along with the tedious rigor of learning complete piano pieces and figuring out finger picking etc...they get to see why its so worth it. Suddenly it all makes sense! Hurray!!!

8 comments:

craig or cami said...

Our computer fixed Craig and I just watched this together... I'm a bit misty but psyched!! How cool that you guys made the connection so fast! It is not so much what we learn but how we APPLY it to our life. So many people say "yeah, I used to play piano when I was a kid" but never learn how to make it real and fun for themselves. The skill once learned is a ticket to anywhere you want to go!! I am so happy watching this and so inspired. You guys really know how to make IT happen.

craig or cami said...

where are all the comments??? this is one of my all time favorite posts!!

craig or cami said...

you guys rock!!! there is nothing you cant do Mac and Emmett! keep up the good work!
-craig

Ms Morgan said...

I found myself singing along - I guess I have a vocal music deficit in my life.
PS - Only 8 months until the sdccs talent show.

Ms Morgan said...

I found myself singing along - I guess I have a vocal music deficit in my life.
PS - Only 8 months until the sdccs talent show.

Crys said...

This is stinkin RAD! it was pretty cool to see this in person too :)

Melissa said...

Truly inspirational! Beats video games any day, hands down. Can I come over to your house for music lessons?

ma otter said...

Melissa, YES!!!
Meet you at the airport!
xo
annie