But M&E think this one should be Mac's to take with her to college. (um, a little ahead of themselves?) Anyway, I also think it's pretty great that they are making them for eachother.
Next they are making Emmett's, then Silas and eventually....me?
Another amazing thing about this love quilt is that so many people have knitted squares or rows and each square has a name.
Some were knitted during the inaugural speech, some during sick days, some on trips. Unbeatable in its beauty!!
8 comments:
WOW!
That is soooooooooooo awesome!
I think maybe it should be for me because they don't even know me so that would be like... terrible I guess.
But what an incredible project!!!!
Whoever uses that quilt forever will be just drenched and covered and cozied with love.
You are all just so...
wonderful!
C'mon! I SO see you bundled up in that when you are 90 years old and you will be keeping your mind nimble by reciting the names of the squares over and over (and then remembering where they were done and who did them) I love this quilt so much - I love the idea of it, that it is one of the manymany epic projects that they have done Together and that I got to learn how to knit from everybody in that house (though Matt never gave me his lesson - or Silas) but mostly Mac who is the most loving, patient and awesome teacher AND I love that my first little spastic green square lives on that quilt. I hope you get it too:) Isle of Bliss... CMON!!
Okay, who has children who happily knit together? Who has children who come up with names "isle of bliss"? Really, cmon now?! Forget pottery, you need to write what would be the best parenting book ever! Congratulations on having such beautiful children, inside and out!
Wow, so beautiful in so many ways ! Can we come over for a lesson ?
that's so amazing!!! It should definitely by yours :)
seriously..can we come over for a lesson too (actually I can knit ..I can't just cast off!).
ok, but so you know. I can do nothing fancy at all. every thing I have ever made is messy, full of mistakes and, if it's clothes, completely oddly shaped.
but I do like it that way!!
yes, yes, let's knit!
There is something very "Anniesque" about the whole thing. Love love love it.
Love, love, love the quilt!!! What a treasure and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it ends up on you lap... a must-have for mama!
Post a Comment